- The Waltzing Matilda Centre – a museum dedicated to Australia's most renowned song
- Age of Dinosaurs- expereince the excitement of digging up and finding fossils.
- Royal Open Air Theatre – a working theatre, picture show museum & world's largest deckchair
- Arno's Wall. An eclectic mix of things old and odd cemented into a wall. Unbelievable!
- Corfield & Fitzmaurice – a national trust listed historic general store and museum
- North Gregory Hotel – an historic pub with superb food and drinks to match!
- Lark Quarry – a site dedicated to the worlds only known dinosaur stampede. A must see!
- Opalton – one of Queensland's largest opal fields and historic opal mining centres.
Things To Do
- See a movie at the Royal Open Air Theatre (open Wednesdays during April to September)
- Visit the Waltzing Matilda Centre
- Have a drink and/or counter-meal at the North Gregory, Tattersalls or Winton Hotel
- Take an organised tour to Carisbrooke Station or across Matilda Country
- Take the self-guided walk around historic Winton town
- Take a drive to Pelican Waterhole, the original town site
- Take a stroll through Corfield and Fitzmaurice
- Visit the musical fence and strum up a tune to rival Banjo Patterson's!
- Visit Lark Quarry
- Try your luck fishing in one of the local waterholes
A selection of hotel, motel, B&B and caravan park facilities are available. Details can be viewed or downloaded from the downloads page.
Ambulance, police, pharmacy, post office, camping, caravan parks, Eftpos, fuel, hospital, hotels, information centre, LP gas, meals, mechanical repairs, RACQ, schools, supermarket and general store, clothing and general shopping, hardware, library – internet access.
Winton Tourism: www.experiencewinton.com.au
Waltzing Matilda Centre: www.matildacentre.com.au
Outback Queensland Tourism: www.outbackholidays.info/