Getting to Winton
- Melbourne to Winton via Shepparton, Griffith, Cobar, Bourke, Cunnamulla, Charleville and Barcaldine.
- Sydney to Winton via Orange, Dubbo, Bourke, Cunnamulla, Charleville and Barcaldine.
- Brisbane to Winton via Toowoomba, Miles, Mitchell, Blackall and Barcaldine.
- Adelaide to Alice Springs via Port Augusta and Coober Pedy.
- Darwin to Alice Springs via Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs.
- Perth to Laverton via Northam, Southern Cross, Kalgoorlie and Leonora.
- WA's Pilbara to Laverton via Newman, Meekatharra and Leinster.
- WA's Kimberley to Alice Springs via Halls Creek, Billiluna, Yuendumu along the Tanami Track.
- WA's Kimberley to Laverton via Broome, Port Hedland, Newman, Meekatharra and Leinster.
- WA's Mid-West to Laverton via Geraldton, Mount Magnet, Leinster and Leonora.
Map of Australia (862.09 kB)
Along most of the suggested routes travellers can enjoy the benefits of travelling along self-drive routes that often have improved signage, route-specific maps, visitor-friendly brochures and amenities that can make for a more enjoyable trip. A range of self-drive route websites can be accessed via the links page.